Quality Management System
Our Quality System has been designed to ensure that the needs of all concerned stakeholders are considered. The system is maintained in a controlled manner and is continually being reviewed, updated and improved in accordance with procedures and practices to ensure its effectiveness in order to achieve our goals and business objectives.
Excellence have committed to:
- Identifying the processes needed for the quality system.
- Ensuring the resources required are made available to support the operation.
- Reviewing and verifying the effectiveness of the Quality and HACCP Systems.
- Identifying areas for Continuous Improvement
- Initiating corrective action in the event of non-conformity or to achieve planned results
The Quality System comprises of:
- Statements of the companys Quality Policy and Objectives.
- The Quality System Manual.
- Documented procedures required by ISO 9001:2008
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Documented Flowcharts which depict the Processes
- HACCP procedures
- Forms and records required to demonstrate conformance to service requirements
Excellence is registered with the Department of the Environment and Health Service Executive (HSE)
All our supplies meet globally-recognised standards
We are full members of Repak
Certificates of Conformity are available for all sites
Technical specifications are available for all products
Environmental Policies :
We are committed to reducing any negative impact our business might have on the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
Where we can have a direct impact - Excellence own label packaging, for instance - we endeavour to use the minimum amount of packaging, consistent with durablity, product safety and traceability.
Aware of our environmental responsibility as an importer/supplier, we are continually reviewing our business operations and implementing any beneficial initiatives.
As a leading importer and distributor to the Irish food market, we are aware of our responsibility to encourage ethical trading worldwide.
We are committed to developing long-term partnerships with our suppliers, to ensure that they and their supply chain observe fair and honest standards which do not compromise either local labor laws and/or the health and safety of their employees.
We also use the services of Shred-It and Thorntons Re-cyling to ensure we can protect our environment and recycle as much as we can
BRC Global Standards is a leading safety and quality certification programme used by over 23,000 certificated suppliers in 123 countries, with certification issued through a worldwide network of accredited certification bodies.
The Standard guarantees the standardization of quality, safety and operational criteria and ensures that suppliers fulfill their legal obligations and provide protection for the end consumer. BRC Global
BRC identifies the following benefits of certification to the Standard:
- It is an internationally recognized Standard which provides a report and certification that can be accepted by buyers in place of their own second-party audits – reducing the time and cost involved with multiple, second-party audits.
- The comprehensive scope, covering areas of quality, hygiene and product safety, provides a benchmark to best practice in storage and distribution industries.
- When effectively adopted, it can reduce damage and waste, thereby reducing cost.
- Greater credibility and recognition are achieved with certification.
- Certificated sites may appear in the BRC directory allowing recognition of their achievement and the use of a BRC logo for marketing purposes.
- Certification addresses the due diligence requirements of both the certificated company and the buyer.
- Ongoing surveillance and follow-up corrective actions after an audit help to ensure that a self-improving quality, hygiene and product safety system is established.
The BRC Standard meets the strong need to preserve the integrity of branded products. The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is a single verification that ensures both the fulfilment of legal obligations and of customer protection.
Our aim is to use our technical expertise and experience to meet our customers commercial and quality requirements.
We do this by acting as a bridge between the producer and the end-user, sourcing our range of quality products from premium BRC and IFS-accredited factories with approved HACCP systems.
This system enables us to ensure that all necessary controls are implemented, and are fully accessible to both Excellence and its customers.
Please feel free to contact us at any stage