Old Bay Fries with Creole Mustard
900g potatoes, hand cut into large steak fries
Peanut oil (or canola) as needed
For the spice blend:
1 tbsp jalapeno powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp kosher salt
4 tbsp OLD BAY Seasoning
1 tbsp malt vinegar powder
For the Creole mustard:
475ml sour cream
60g OLD BAY Seasoning
60ml malt vinegar
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Blanch potatoes in 275F oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain over paper towels and freeze in even layer, trying not to stick the potatoes together.
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine jalapeno powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, OLD BAY Seasoning and malt vinegar powder.
2. Transfer ingredients to a shaker and reserve for finished fries.
1. In another small bowl, combine sour cream, OLD BAY Seasoning, malt vinegar and mustard with a whisk.
2. Season with more salt and pepper.
3. Turn oil temperature up to 350F and fry steak fries until crispy and golden brown.
4. In a large bowl, toss the fries sprinkling the seasoning to evenly coat the fries.
5. Serve with the Creole mustard on the side.