Chia High Fibre Soda Bread
High Fibre Soda Bread
This nutritious soda bread is high in fibre due to the inclusion of both chia seeds and wheat germ.
300g Wholemeal Flour
30g Wheat Germ 30g Milled Chia Seed
1 Tsp Bread Soda 1 Tsp of Salt
320ml Buttermilk 1 Tbsp of Rapeseed Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly dust a 2 pound loaf tin with flour.
2. Sieve all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and lightly mix.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and rapeseed oil until fully mixed.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add the wet mix and using your hand bring it altogether. The dough should be wet and not too sticky add more buttermilk if required.
5. Pop it into the oven for 55 minutes.